Thursday, February 26, 2009

...because putting off a paper is more fun than writing it.

I should be doing research, but I'm gonna do this instead. Today was warm, sunny, and enjoyable. I didn't do a whole lot of anything. I went to the airport to pick up one of the vans for the trip to Boston. I'm working as hard as I can on my capstone paper, but it just isn't budging very much.

I talked to Dale Mills today. A couple of weeks ago he got engaged and I've kept meaning to call him. Turns out he called me instead. I think I hit the age when it's normal to get engaged...at least it's becoming less of a surprise when my friends do. I can't help but wonder why. A year ago I was seriously considering getting engaged to Courtney simply because I thought I was supposed to -- I thought it was just what you do after dating someone for 10 months. I like to think I live my life above cultural expectations, but I guess I don't. I spend a lot of time thinking about relationships (of the intimate sort), and the role they fill in my life. On one side, I have that constant yearning for a member of the opposite sex. Even while I don't want to get married, I still want to take girls out on dates and open doors for them and stuff. When I think about relationships, though, I can't quite find a good reason for them in my life.

I did a lot of thinking a while back about what I would want in a girlfriend right now. I wrote a big, long facebook note about it and came to 3 basic ideas and one conclusion: I want a girl who does not require a whole lot of time (i.e. 1-2 days a month....after all, I REALLY like being alone), a girl who is good at quality time and conversation, and a girl who is discrete and compartmentalized. After writing that note it hit me that I don't want a girlfriend -- I want a counselor. Maybe I'll look into that...they both cost about the same thing.

Got a call from my boss today. They need me to work tomorrow and Saturday. Too bad I have class until 10 AM and am driving to Boston on Saturday. I would love some good ambulance time.

No comments:

Post a Comment