Monday, April 13, 2009

Trauma

Last night I got called in to work on an ambulance. In the past I have always worked with a supervisor (as a loophole so that they could say I was on a supervisor truck, and that all of our trucks are dual paramedic still). This time I got to work with a straight up paramedic, which was real cool. It was this little 22 year old girl that I did a clinical with a couple of years back, and she is a fantastic paramedic.

It turned out being a pretty eventful night. We got a big-time stabbing, a facial trauma, and a possible stroke; along with a few others. Overall, a good night.

Now I am more tired than I have ever been (I woke up 7 am Sunday morning and have been going since). I just got out of biochem, which I basically slept through. I was able to answer a question in lecture in my sleep, which I was pretty proud of. I guess the two goals for today are sleeping and studying, in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment